What is Windows 10 IoT Enterprise?
Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers enterprise manageability and security to IoT solutions. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise shares all the benefits of the worldwide Windows ecosystem. It is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Enterprise, so you can use the same familiar development and management tools as client PCs and laptops. However, when it comes to licensing and distribution, the desktop version and IoT versions differ.
Windows 10 IoT Enterprise offers both LTSC and SAC options, and OEMs can choose the one they need for their devices. For more information on how to reach out to a Windows IoT Distributor or how to purchase a license, review Licensing & Usage.
Why Do Customer Choose Windows 10 IoT Enterprise?
There are three main reasons why customers choose to develop with Windows 10 IoT Enterprise:
- Productive – Leverage existing knowledge to build and manage Windows 10 IoT Enterprise devices with powerful tools and technologies to quickly unlock data and drive digital transformation.
- Trusted – Windows 10 IoT Enterprise helps you build IoT solutions that you can trust, keeping your devices, data, and identities secure and giving you peace of mind.
- Smart – Windows 10 IoT Enterprise helps you connect your devices to each other, your network, and the cloud, so you can use data to drive real business insight and create new business opportunities
If you are building any kind of OEM style appliance, such as a point-of-sale or retail device, industrial automation equipment, digital signage, medical equipment or any appliance with a screen, Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is the solution for you.
See how our customers are using Windows 10 IoT Enterprise to accomplish their business goals.
This documentation set will cover the technical breakdown of what’s included when you choose to use Windows 10 IoT Enterprise.
This section provides insight into the hardware needed to run Windows 10 IoT Enterprise as your device’s OS.
This section provides quick tutorials on how to get started with Windows 10 IoT Enterprise.
This section walks users through the features and functionalities of Kiosk Mode and how to enable those features on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise.
- Kiosk Mode Overview
- Assigned access single-app kiosk mode
- Assigned access multi-app kiosk mode
- Configure Shell Launcher
Advanced Lockdown Features
This section highlights how to create a lock-down environment with Windows 10 IoT Enterprise OS features.
- Application Control
- Manage the Edge Swipe Policy
- Put in Place Device Safeguards
- Use a Keyboard Filter
- Explore the Unified Write Filter
- Enable Hibernate Once, Resume Many (HORM)
This section reviews how to create a custom user-experience that highlights your brand. Articles include:
- Enable Custom Logon
- Manage Microsoft Store Access
- Control Page Visibility
- Configure Layout Control
- Enable Unbranded Boot
- Manage Update Notification
Learn more about the device management solutions you can take advantage of with Windows 10 IoT Enterprise.
IoT Device Features
This section gives an overview of many of the built-in functionalities of Windows 10 IoT Enterprise devices.
- Windows IoT Security
- Enable Embedded Mode
- Configure Device Drivers
- Bus Providers
- Manage Network Service Controls
- Enable On-Screen Keyboard
- Privacy Features
- Accessibility Features
Learn how to commercialize your Windows 10 IoT Enterprise devices.
These resources provide additional information and support to our customers and partners.